from The History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, by W.H. Lever, 1898
Woodside is a station on the Rio Grande Western railroad, near the northern border line of Emery county. The town was settled in 1881 by H. H. Hutchinson. He was followed the next year by Scott Miller, Joseph Curtis, William Turner and others, who constructed an irrigation canal and cultivated the land. The Price river being very hard to control made irrigation a very difficult matter and many colonists left the place, after losing their crops on account of water failure. A tunnel is being cut through the mountain to save keeping up a long canal, and when this is completed the farmers will be independent and safe from failures. The school population is forty-one pupils, and good schools are kept up during the school months.
The people are engaged chiefly in stockraising and woolgrowing, and reside upon their farms and ranches. Scott Miller is Justice of the Peace and D. Allen, postmaster. One store handles the merchandise necessary for the people.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in