Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Welcome to SUP Online Forums 1: Welcome Board I am David Hinton

• I am David Hinton

• Anonymous

Deleted User
    May 31, 2019 at 9:48 pm

I was born in Salt Lake City in the mid 1940’s. I moved to Hurricane, Utah when I was 11 months old, and have spent most of my life there. My parents, A. Lavar and Leora Tolman Hinton had 8 children, 7 boys and 1 girl. I am the second in the family.
    I attended school in Hurricane, and graduated in 1963. I went to Dixie Jr. College in St. George, Utah for one year, then served as a missionary in the North Scottish Mission. Upon my return home I attended one more year at Dixie, then transferred to the College of Southern Utah as a music major. The college changed its name during my time there to Southern Utah State College (SUSC), and due to circumstances that would have caused me to go against my religious beliefs, I spent two extra years there and received my degree in Physical Education.
    During the time I attended SUSC, I entered the Military and served for three years, spending a year in Korea during the Viet Nam War. Upon my return I completed my schooling at SUSC. During this time I met and married Gerri Tichenor from the San Francisco Bay Area. We currently have 7 children, 5 girls and 2 boys, and 26 grandchildren, among which are two pair of twins.
    I did not enter the teaching world at this time, but worked with the Skaggs Drug Center’s for three years before returning to SUU (SUSC) to add to my education, completing my education with an Elementary Certification. I was hired by the Washington County School District and taught Music for two years, then 3rd grade for the next 22 years.
    I retired in 2006 from public education, and formed a new private school with 6 other local couples, and taught there for 2 years before retiring. I formed a speed reading company and taught speed reading for several years, until we decided to go on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We went to the Tennessee Knoxville Mission, and served there for two years.
    Upon our return from Tennessee, we were asked to be the Director’s of the Hurricane Valley Family History Center, and serve in that capacity for 5 years. We were released from that to serve another mission to the Nauvoo Temple, where we are currently serving.
    I joined the Sons of Utah Pioneers in the Hurricane Valley Chapter in 2001, serving on their board from the 1st year until we left for this current mission. I have been the chapter president three times, and produced the newsletter for 16 of those years. During this time I have also served as the South Area Vice President two times, serving with the Cotton Mission Chapter, Red Rock Chapter, Hurricane Valley Chapter, Dixie Encampment Chapter, and lately the Boulder City Chapter in Boulder City, Nevada. This wonderful organization has blessed my life in so many ways I can’t count them. Outside of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and my family, the SUP is my life!

• Derek Rowley

Administrator
    June 7, 2019 at 1:29 am

Hi David! What was the file you tried to upload? Was it larger than 512kb?

I may need to adjust the file size limit for uploads.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now